IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Eclectarium blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!
IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my ShukerNature blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!
IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Starsteeds blog's poetry and other lyrical writings (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

Search This Blog

Friday 28 March 2014

SHERLOCK HOLMES VS THE SPECKLED BAND AND THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA


My Sherlock Holmes toby jug confronts the Giant Rat of Sumatra! (© Dr Karl Shuker)

When I first opened my Eclectarium, I promised that it would include some Sherlockian exhibits, and I am nothing if not a man of my word.

So now, courtesy of my ShukerNature blog, I have great pleasure in presenting not one but two of the great fictional detective's most daunting foes of the zoological kind. Click here to face the creeping terror that is the dreaded Speckled Band; and click here to encounter the mysterious – and monstrous – Giant Rat of Sumatra.

Artistic representation of the Speckled Band's likely appearance (© Tim Morris)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dr Karl, never heard of Giant Rat of Sumatra but I'll check out its story. There's also some pretty intriguing The Speckled Band essays that I wanted to share if that was okay :)

    ReplyDelete